• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Recruiting for Pokémon Strike & Pokémon Void

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keykode

Rookie
Project made using the latest version of Pokémon Essentials v20.1 with the Hotfixes applied.

Hello! I'm very new to this whole recruitment thing, but you can only do so much running solo for a passion project, right? But anyways, the name's Keykode, Spooky, SkullTap, Jake, call me whatever you want just don't call me late for dinner!

I'm currently looking to recruit team members for the following positions:

• Sprite Artist
  • Mapper
  • Musician
  • Concept Artist
  • Town Map Artist
I'm currently doing all of the storytelling and event mapping, so just original sprites (With early inspirations in mind as well, unless I recruit a concept artist for this project.) Along with that is the map and music. I have a conceptual map planned out; it just needs to be put into the game using a photo editing software or what not. Original music compositions I do have descriptions for to help give you an insight on what I'm looking for.

Here is a quick rundown of the story for these games (I'll elaborate on the reasoning for that below):
In a faraway region lies the Xelphur region. A region filled with mystery, but also graced with legendary protection. For centuries, the legendary/mythical Pokémon, Mewtwo/Darkrai has been the great protector of the Xelphur region, and the three Legendary Birds of Kanto/Galar, Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos. One day however, Mewtwo/Darkrai suddenly disappeared, and left the birds to fend for themselves. In discovering this information, an evil group of Pokémon trainers called Team Shadow made it their mission to capture the three legendary birds in an attempt to lure Mewtwo/Darkrai back to the Xelphur region to be captured as well and used for violent purposes. You, as the protagonist, are beginning your journey around the Xelphur region alongside your distant Cousin, Kash and childhood friend, Angel. You all pick your first Pokémon from Professor Douglas’s Lab and begin your journeys. Collect Gym Badges, battle with Pokémon and become the champion of the Xelphur region, while also attempting to stop Team Shadow’s plans of destroying the Xelphur region.

You may notice some slash marks in this plot. This is because I plan to make these games similar to the mainline Pokémon games. The same game of 2 with minor differences such as Version Exclusives, a change in Gym Leaders, among others. The development base is Pokémon Strike, being Mewtwo as the box legendary (Although that is not required at this time.) All will be imported to Pokémon Void after the game's completion.

Features:
  • Pokémon Generations 1-9! (Credit to Golisopod User and Caruban)
  • A whole new region to explore!
  • A total of 400 Pokémon to capture during your travels.
  • A new game mechanic created by Lucidous89, the Focus Meter System, which allows critical hits and other RNG mechanics more likely to make the game fairer between players and AI (Not that the AI cares or anything lol.)
  • Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves, Dynamax, & Terastalization mechanics implemented to give players the freedom of using their favorite game mechanics over the past decade (Created by Lucidous89)
  • Agile and Strong Style from Pokémon Legends: Arceus made by Lucidious89
  • Enhanced difficulty of boss fights such as Rivals, Gym Leaders, Xelphur League Test, and Champion Battles.
  • Following Pokémon made by Golisopod User
  • Improved Field Skills plugin made by Lucidious89
  • BW based summary, party and storage system screens made by DeepBlue Pacific Waves
  • Interactable Party Bag Screen by DiegoWT
  • The Essentials Deluxe Plugin to make all above plugins possible (Credit to all creators mentioned and once again the great Lucidious89)

I hope this is enough information to interest any artists out there to join in on the project. Please feel free to add me on Discord (Spooky#8135) and leave a DM stating you're interested in the project and what position you're interested in filling in for. Keep in mind that I will take multiple people for the same role if it means speeding up the process of original art to be made for the game. I will leave a list below of all the names of the original characters made by me and their role for the game, along with the Elite Four which some may be familiar with. I will also leave screenshots of the project's mechanics and features as mentioned above as well. Thanks in advance, and let's make this game a reality rather than a concept.

Important Trainers (Early Inspirations revealed through Discord (Until Concept Artist is found, if at all.)
  • Male and Female Protagonists
  • Rivals Kash and Angel
  • Professor Douglas
  • Champion Marduk
  • Gym Leader Shunji (Poison)
  • Gym Leader Kacy (Fighting)
  • Gym Leader Kimberlie (Rock)
  • Gym Leader Markus (Void Exclusive Dark Gym Leader)
  • Gym Leader Mariska (Strikes Exclusive Psychic Gym Leader)
  • Gym Leader Zak (Electric)
  • Zak's Rock Band (Fire, Water & Grass)
  • Gym Leader Cleo (Ground)
  • Gym Leader Mason (Steel)
  • Gym Leader Shane (Ghost)
  • Fire Master Morrison (Fire)
  • Team Shadow Boss King
  • Team Shadow Admins Prince & Princette
  • Team Shadow Grunts
  • Elite Four Members Joe, Sashay, Kruger and Mysterial from Pokémon Battle Revolution.
All sprites are in the Gen 3 style. I would like to bump it up to Gen 4 sprites (NOT Tilesets) if possible. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Clips & Screenshots:

Attachments

• Mewrai.png
    Mewrai.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 2023-05-05 13-03-30.mp4
    8.7 MB
  • 2023-05-05 13-25-25.mp4
    12.8 MB
  • 2023-05-05 13-27-45.mp4
    8.1 MB
  • 2023-05-05 13-38-14.mp4