• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Clouds Reflected in Water - Seen in Gen 3, Route 120

Resource Clouds Reflected in Water - Seen in Gen 3, Route 120 1.0

Fallen Nephilim

Rookie
Fallen Nephilim submitted a new resource:

Clouds Reflected in Water - Seen in Gen 3, Route 120 - Moving clouds based on the clear waters seen in Hoenn on Route 120. Seamless tessellation.

Part of what made Hoenn feel so immersive was the attention to small details like this one. After navigating the downpouring jungles of route 119 and upper route 120, the rain finally stops, and you are greeted with the sight of rolling clouds over a large freshwater lake and numerous puddles.

I searched high and low for a resource that would let me add those clouds to my Essentials project. After coming up short, I finally decided to create my own...

Read more about this resource...

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I always love those minor details. If you're a codder and/or if you want to help with other similar things from gen 3 games, to post here if you want, i have 3 unique scripts that recreates: footprints on sand = for the player, following pokemon, npcs on the map + water puddles + water beach "bubbles", i think that people stoped updating those scripts but i love them soo much. If you want to help, i provide the: scripts + graphics + sounds. If you're not interested, its ok. By the way, i love your tutorial.

Fallen Nephilim

Rookie
I always love those minor details.
It really shows the care the devs put into bringing Hoenn to life, even with the newly untested hardware limitations at the time. It's such a charming world.

The first goal in my project is to recreate the Emerald overworld as authentically as possible, so I'd love to take you up on those scripts. I'm still searching through old posts and trying to see what resources are needed to recreate my favorite region. Maybe I can put together a compilation of "Emerald-style immersive graphics" by the end of it all.

Great tutorial...
I'll add this to my fangames project
Thank you! I figure if I'm going to make something and I needed to tinker around just to make it work, I better share and save people the trouble.

Where can I download the cloud gif
1679346665159.png

Back